Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Open Forum on Devil Fruits

+6
MickeyKeyz
[Username]
Nymeros
Adrian
Aerys
Zalton
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Open Forum on Devil Fruits Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:52 am

Zalton

Zalton

Have you a concern about a DF have you witnessed something you feel should be allowed, banned or rejected? Or perhaps you have seen someones Devil fruit is over powered?

This thread is for discussion.  In order for this to work civilized please present your arguments and just see what others have to say in response.  The objective is to work out a level of power that is practical.

2Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 am

Zalton

Zalton

First up my own DF.  The Ito Ito no mi

So before I bring up the actual discussion I want every to know that I went to great lengths to dwarf the fruit without being asked.

1st I made an actual way for everyone of the same tier or higher to destroy the string. I think one of the reasons some people think String fruit is overpowered is because they have seen the string break.

2nd The technique known as Birdcage that can cover Dressrosa.  I will never get to make one like that just maybe building size?
But my previous point would make this technique es capable.

3 I can't control anyone. BUT For plot with everyone's permission I can control people for legit plot reasons. This won't be a technique just something that done to further a story.

4th The string inst invisible. Until T3 and thats when people's observation can see it with out even actively using it and worrying about cool down

Now the real topic.  I would like to use sky road.  This is Dofflomingo's  version of Geppo (moon step). It works by attaching to clouds. This techniques weakness is no clouds then he can't use the technique.

So ill be the first to say connecting to clouds doesn't make since. BUT it is canon and still practical its not powerful it essential a weaker Geppo. Which is an ability that people except.

https://fortunesfolly.rpg-board.net/t194-ito-ito-me-alternates-primary

3Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:51 am

Zalton

Zalton

Let's try it like this is anyone against me using sky road?

4Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Aerys

Aerys

Man, just went and read this and I must say you've done a great job 8D
Very balanced c;

5Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:35 am

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

So
[10:23:14 AM] Adrian: Could the Rust Rust fruit be unbanned?
[10:23:32 AM] Adrian: We can easily restrict it to balance its abilities versus equipment
[10:23:50 AM] Adrian: 1) Only affects things that can rust
[10:24:10 AM] Adrian: 2) We can make it require a technique of equal tier to rust an equipment
[10:24:57 AM] Adrian: Or we can make it required a technique period and they have to be equal tier to the equipment, and make it off limits against T6 unless they have a T4+ technique, idk something along those lines
[10:25:52 AM] Adrian: 3) They are at a disadvantage due to not producing anything, only rusting currently present metal
[10:26:16 AM] Adrian: 4) Ships are mostly wood, even the keel right?
[10:26:21 AM] Adrian: keelhaul w/e
[10:27:05 AM] Adrian: 5) Maybe require direct contact for the first few tiers? But physical contact with a solid is required later on, even if there is metal buried.

Wanted to make this more of a site discussion, since I was just thinking but it was 10 AM so no one on staff were awake I don't think.

6Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Zalton

Zalton

I am glad you think so Zebo.

I am open to the un-banning of the rust fruit. In order damage something it has touch it. In the case of a ship the person isnt touching metal they aren't going to damage the ship. If they are touching metal it will only damage the metal that is touching the metal they touch. In other words its less dangerous to the average ship than other destructive fruits

If were able to affect people we have seen that the body returns back to normal if they aren't completely rusted. This good be a technique at a later tier

I think physical contact at all tiers we have no reason to think it works otherwise.

7Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Nymeros

Nymeros

Ope Ope no Mi (Operation-Operation Fruit)
Sei Sei no Mi (Gravity-Gravity Fruit)
Kopi Kopi no Mi (Copy-Copy Fruit)
Eji Eji no Mi (Age-Age Fruit)
Mato Mato no Mi (Mark-Mark Fruit)
Mane Mane no Mi (Clone-Clone Fruit)
Nemu Nemu no Mi (Sleep-Sleep Fruit)
Modo Modo no Mi (Young-Young Fruit)
Sabi Sabi no Mi (Rust-Rust Fruit)
Peto Peto no Mi (Pet-Pet Fruit)
Fuwa Fuwa no Mi (Float-Float Fruit)

Some of these fruits can be balanced out too, even some with ease.
I don't see a reason why Modo Modo no Mi (Young-Young Fruit) and Eji Eji no Mi (Age-Age Fruit) are banned anyways. I mean, just make it so that they won't be able to alter the age of anyone but themselves?

8Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Zalton

Zalton

Nymeros wrote:Ope Ope no Mi (Operation-Operation Fruit)
Sei Sei no Mi (Gravity-Gravity Fruit)
Kopi Kopi no Mi (Copy-Copy Fruit)
Eji Eji no Mi (Age-Age Fruit)
Mato Mato no Mi (Mark-Mark Fruit)
Mane Mane no Mi (Clone-Clone Fruit)
Nemu Nemu no Mi (Sleep-Sleep Fruit)
Modo Modo no Mi (Young-Young Fruit)
Sabi Sabi no Mi (Rust-Rust Fruit)
Peto Peto no Mi (Pet-Pet Fruit)

Fuwa Fuwa no Mi (Float-Float Fruit)

The ones with the color change I don't know what they were designed to do.
Pet fruit is god modding all it does is control others.
Copy fruit copies appearances and devil fruits thats too much. Appearance is already a fruit and no one should be able to copy fruits
ope opeIs so over powered that not even the strongest application of haki seen so far could stop it. It switches personalities and control everything in its sphere of influence. However it also is very taxing on stamina and with tweaking I see possible restrictions making acceptable
Mato mato Auto hit which is god modding
Sleep fruit I forget how its applied but I would assume stronger tiers can resist it better
Gravity & float I have been advocating for these for a long time and will write more later about this

9Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Nymeros

Nymeros

I said some ;> but yeah, peto peto no mi should be permbanned unless there is a NPC that has petted people and fights PC's for event, being unable to use it on them

Mato Mato no Mi same thing
I think the Moa Moa no Mi should be added to this list,
it's a non-canon devil fruit that can enhance the size and speed of an object
(so if one shot an arrow with it, the arrow would become the size of Whitebeard's ship with the speed of Kizaru)

10Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

The young and age fruits, good point Aurion.

As for Rust, yeah direct contact spread across all tiers. Also, in order to destroy a weapon/metal equipment with rust it'd have to be two tiers higher (If it does rust, of course continued abuse of it from force will eventually cause it to break). It is definitely a short-range only fruit and geared for melee-only people imo. Gravity will always be banned, Float is a very slight maybe (depends on how the staff as a whole feel about it). Otherwise, I totally agree. It just depends on what fruit. But the fruits that will be banned are the absolutes like Mark Mark and the player-controlling like Sleep and Pet. I also agree Ope is out of the question unless someone comes up with a GREAT example that doesn't make it useless.

11Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

[Username]

[Username]

[10:50:56] S E: The rust fruit is super limited in itself
[10:51:26] S E: It can only be used on something made of iron or something iron-based
[10:51:28] S E: Sooooooooooooo
[10:51:59] S E: The only thing I see it well used for
[10:52:10] S E: is destroying someone's equipment or destroying large buildings and the like
[10:52:29] S E: And even then, the buildings and equipment must have some iron to it
[10:52:53] S E: I mean, I suppose you can do attacks on the iron in someone's blood
[10:53:21] S E: so like if you punch someone's shoulder the iron in that shoulder starts rusting and basically it acts like a poison
[10:53:34] S E: some amount of time (or posts) later, that shoulder is unusuble
[10:53:36] S E: *usable
[10:53:47] S E: but that requires plenty of restrictions in itself
[10:53:55] S E: I think it can and should be able to be used
[10:54:03] S E: but the person needs to make a damn good app
[10:54:28] S E: otherwise, it can potentially be awkwardly underpowered or hellishly overpowered
[10:55:43] Adrian: we can allow it to be metal in general but have the tier restrictions
[10:55:49] Adrian: because otherwise people just won't use iron
[10:57:51] S E: that's the thing
[10:57:56] S E: That's why it can be underpowered
[10:58:02] Adrian: We can balance it, without making it OP
[10:58:10] S E: definitel
[10:58:14] S E: *definitely
[10:58:18] S E: i'm not saying you can't
[10:58:20] Adrian: Even though rust is oxidized iron
[10:58:27] Adrian: it's reasonable to stretch right?
[10:58:42] S E: i'm just saying the app probably needs to be good
[10:58:46] Adrian: yeah
[10:58:46] S E: not probably
[10:58:55] S E: because it can potentially go either way
[10:58:58] S E: in terms of power
[10:59:04] S E: I'd say we could leave it to the members
[10:59:11] S E: on whether to stretch it to all metals
[10:59:13] S E: or keep it at iron
[10:59:24] S E: I think if you stretch it to all metals, you shouldn't be able to do the thing I said earlier
[10:59:29] S E: about affecting the iron in someone's body
[10:59:44] S E: but if you restrict it to solely iron (or steel, anything with iron basically)
[10:59:54] S E: then you can use it to affect their body
[11:02:26] Adrian: i'm not keen on that
[11:02:56] Adrian: To me I don't think they can form rust on iron surrounded by blood flowing with oxygen
[11:03:10] S E: No, that's not actually possible
[11:03:11] S E: but like you said
[11:03:13] S E: a /stretch/
[11:03:26] Adrian: Yeah but this stretch is cheap poisoning imo
[11:03:30] S E: Yeah
[11:03:32] Adrian: Plus it isn't like poisons with power
[11:03:45] Adrian: so really, the effects aren't that powerful once we hit fantasy level
[11:03:46] S E: in exchange for not having the broad range
[11:03:50] S E: of affecting all metals
[11:03:54] Adrian: oh right
[11:03:56] Adrian: I see that
[11:04:03] S E: One or the other
[11:04:21] Adrian: I just think that could dip into OP levels in some way, and it would either be useless or too strong
[11:04:27] S E: Yeah
[11:04:34] S E: that's why the person needs to make a good app
[11:04:39] S E: to be able to balance out and find a middle ground
[11:04:39] Adrian: Mhm
[11:04:47] Adrian: Easier to balance general metal rusting
[11:04:49] S E: I'm just saying it's a possibility that they can go with some of these methods
[11:04:50] Adrian: thankfully
[11:04:51] S E: Yeah
[11:04:54] Adrian: T4 wood sword yeaaaahhhh
[11:05:03] * Adrian does a gangster victory dance
[11:05:07] S E: The people can go ahead with the general metal rusting
[11:05:18] S E: but if they want to be more directly offensive, they can go the far harder rooute
[11:05:29] S E: and try to make the rust-poisoning thing work out
[11:05:32] S E: not a must or anything
[11:05:34] S E: just an option
[11:05:42] S E: a harder option, but depending on preference, one more rewarding
[11:07:22] Adrian: Well afk
[11:07:24] Adrian: nature
[11:07:54] S E: i'ma post this in the thread
[11:07:56] S E: @this discussoin
[11:08:04] S E: just to show them what we talked about in terms of the rust
[11:08:13] S E: and they can comment and add to it with their own thoughts

Getting the muse to app the Ope Ope again, but it's not all the way there so I'm not going for it just yet. 'Hito Hito no Mi: Tsuyo' sounds much more appealing to me for the time being.

As for the other banned fruits, it's superbly easy to balance out and nerf just about all of them.

Mark Fruit: as opposed to making it just auto-hit, add some kinks in there. While it does 'follow' the target, it goes in linear paths only, and will literally follow the 'path' of the target. For example, if the target is three metres forward and the run to the right, the projectile that is following them will travel those three metres forward first, before turning to the right and following. Furthermore, since it travels linearly only, if there are any objects in front of it, there will be no movement made to avoid the object. Coming into contact with that object, depending on what it is, can slow the projectile down or even stop it to a halt. So basically, if someone is shot at with the Mark fruit, and that person puts a building between themself and the projectile, the projectile will instead immediately turn and try to go through the building to reach the person, therefore most probably being stopped before reaching the target. This isn't the only plausible restriction, but one of the most effective as I see it.

Gravity Fruit: This is even easier; just limit changes in gravity to yourself or things you are continuously in contact with you (with PCs probably being exempt, aside from OOC permissions). Heck, even PCs, considering you'd need to continuously be in contact with them, and if you're fighting, pulling that off would generally be pretty hard in itself. In the later tiers, you could maybe extend your reach to the point of something like 'telekinesis', but organisms are still limited to contact and the reach isn't very expansive. Outside of that field, the re-influenced gravity the user places on the chosen object is lost, so momentum isn't applicable either (that way, someone with this fruit can go willy nilly in throwing objects at people, separating it from the float fruit even more). Since the range is limited even in higher tiers, nothing like meteor-strikes are available either (maybe for event-level threads though, and only for plot while the use is in the later tiers).

Float Fruit: Naturally, no influence over Important-NPCs and PCs without explicit permission. Also, the size, weight, etc of what you can have the object float is, of course, dependent on tier. Air, bodies of water or anything along those lines are a no-go as well. This is actually one of the easier ones to nerf; taking out the god-mod aspects of it is pretty easy. Still keeps its potency as a telekinetic-like power.

Sleep Fruit: I actually think this should be something like an NPC event, where the person puts an entire island to sleep and everyone's like "waddafuq". Then PCs fight the guy with the fruit, and every time he touches them they slowly lose out on stamina or energy, whatever. I haven't really seen much into the Sleep Fruit (assuming it's canon) so I can't really say much about it, but I'm sure it can be pretty easily nerfed while retaining the point of the power.

Pet Fruit: Just as Aurion said, I think this should--at least, at first--be presented as the fruit of an NPC in an event, etc. Not much to say about this considering--to me--it's in the same category as the Sleep Fruit in terms of no background knowledge or otherwise.

Operation Fruit: Tut-tut-tut! You'll have to figure this one out for yourselves, as I'm interested in this fruit myself.

12Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

There are some things I refuse to allow, such as the mark-mark because of the speed of objects. Having a tier advantage makes things unbelievably easy in close range because all it takes is using something that can turn really easily. Making the projectile slower will make it too easy to dodge. As for Pet, no. It's useless if you can't use it against PC's and Important NPC's then it's useless because of its ability. Non-important NPCs will easily be defeated, and you'd only be controlling equal in tier npcs. Most npcs will not be strong, as Important Npcs with actual strength are the ones people are having difficulty with as if they were PC. So in that matter, unless the rest of the staff decide against me, I don't think it's being unbanned.

Same with some fruits as not all fruits can be unbanned. Mark Mark will probably not be unbanned, and I am HIGHLY against gravity by all means. It can be limited, but logically it can also replicate some abilities. I want to think over the list, but some things just won't be unbanned (highly unlikely I mean).

13Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 pm

MickeyKeyz

MickeyKeyz

I think Young Young Fruit and Age Age Fruit for applying just to themselves shouldn't be banned.
Someone clever enough could find a way to enhance their stats at a specific age without G-modding.
Also, these fruits can trick NPCs and sometimes even PCs (if they allow for plot) like how Jewelry Bonney did to save herself and Zoro.
Therefore, people in the theives category could efficiently use this fruit somehow

14Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:14 am

Ryandurbur

Ryandurbur

I think we should just keep them banned as is. Especially the Ope Ope no Mi.

15Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:14 am

Argent

Argent

I thought this would be the best place to bring up the discussion I want to have.

Currently we have 4 categories of DF those being Logia, paramecia, Zoan, and Z-class.  Z-class being under the branch of Zoan it currently includes Ancient, Mythical, and god like entities.  I propose that they are treated separately and that a limit on the number of users be imposed instead of waiting for an event.
I have been waiting almost since the site opened for such an event. (I got here a little after closing period for free grab. None of those people who had it are around.)

First I want to mention that each of the three under Z-class are significantly different in terms of perceived power. What extinct animal could challenge a god entity?  Ancient zoans have just as many weaknesses as the do strengths.  They may be big or stronger but one that same ancient zoan could also be slower with short arms.

Mythical Zoans (MZ) everything from a three headed dog, horse with a horn, all the way to a golden giant using shock waves.  Not every mythical zoan is all that powerful, inherently. The strongest MZs can be fought with same amount of challenge as logias or top paramecia

I don't like the idea of god zoans but I won't speak against them.  I'll just say the one or two I did see could easily take on any mythical animal I know of.

16Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00 am

♥Siren

♥Siren

Tier 1 is Tier 1,   Tier 3 is Tier 3.    Whatever type of devil fruit you have will never and should never change that.    Different Devil Fruits would all always have their own strengths and weaknesses and have the same confines within their tier as do all others.

In the Anime,  eating any devil fruit was automatically a significant boost in "tier".  But this is not the anime.  This is not the manga.  This is an RP site with it's checks and balances.

Even if it was a "Deity" Devil-Fruit,  you'd still only be whatever tier you are.   Even if a "Demeter" deity devil fruit would give you a wider range of applications than a plant-plant logia,   the plant-plant is obviously far more specialized in what they do and the Demeter would be spread thin,  neither would the demeter have the benefit of incorporeality. 

Opening up Mythical fruits would only allow far more creativity.  Who cares if they become the most popular?  Isn't it a good thing if people are drawn to the ability to play whatever character archetype they wished?   Mythical could be so popular because it means there are many more ways you can get a certain power you want.  Flame-Flame fruit taken?  Try a Firefox fruit,  or a Fire Giant fruit.  Or a Phoenix as seen in the anime.

Regardless of function and theme,  they'll always remain within their tier and only allow more wiggle room for people to achieve their desired themes and abilities.  The problem with devil fruits is that there's a limit on how many people can have what sort of abilities due to devil fruit limitations, which could suffocate a site and deter new players. 

At the very least it's as Argent says,  "Mythical" is extremely diverse.  There are far far more mythical creatures than there are real world creatures you could viably make use of ranging from simple pixies and little gremlins all the way up the food chain to dragons and deities. 

Though Deities probably should NOT be considered a Zoan fruit,  as they aren't creatures or bests but humanoids.   A separate fruit could be done for them which IS limited,  but also with some obvious perks for having one otherwise as said they're still just another tier 1.

17Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Symon D Shackles

Symon D Shackles

"God" Fruits would be Mythical Zoan-- Or at least thats the way I see it.. Its like having the "Angel" Fruit or the Buddha Statue fruit.

18Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:57 am

Argent

Argent

@Symon I see that and would agree that "technically" it would be. Do you by chance watch and or read fairy tail? They have dragon slayers and they have god/demon slayers. I only separate deity fruits because they would likely dwarf their logia and other mythical counter parts.

For example an ice logia would only control ice they are connected to. An ice deity would psychically control all ice in their range

Off topic Beta beta (Trebol sticky fruit) looks like it is a paramecia and based of paper mache and glue after all, Not Mucus! My faith in what logias are suppose to be has been restored! For now at least but probably one more week for the final word.

19Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:20 am

[Username]

[Username]

To address everything one by one, I will start with Argent.

Z-Class fruits are limited to events for reasons including retaining their rarity--which inherently stays true to the lore of One Piece being that Z-Class fruits are the very rarest in the world--as well as limiting who possesses them. Why should they be limited to events as opposed to numbers? An event will allow an equal chance for players (not taking into account varying tiers) to attain a Z-Class fruit, by default allowing only the more skilled roleplayers to take ahold of these rare fruits. Skilled RPers using Z-Class fruits as opposed to unskilled RPers is preferred particularly due to the stigma of Skill-->Responsibility. While this is not always the case, it is the standard. A skilled RPer is typically someone with more experience with roleplaying and hopefully a better understanding of what to be cautious with.

Z-Class fruits are paid special attention to--especially in terms of being cautious with it--due to their versatility. Z-Class fruits, mainly Mythical Zoans, God Fruits, etc., are fruits that allow for multiple blatant abilities in one fruit as opposed to the more common Devil Fruits, which only have one ability but multiple applications. The stressed limitation on Z-Class fruits is primarily for that exact reason. Think of it in similar fashion to white-listed fruits. While they don't have to be overpowered, the difficulty in balancing them out causes them to be restricted under most circumstances. That in mind, Z-Class fruits are in fact freer than other white-listed fruits as attaining them is far more indiscriminate.

In terms of Ancient Zoans, I have to agree. There potential power is no where on the same scale as the other Z-Classes; however, restricting Ancient Zoans to Z-Class continue to follow the stigma of Z-Class rarity. Again, a part of Z-Class fruits having the restriction of being won through events is to retain their rarity, as is in OP lore. I do think there could be better ways to restrict Z-Class fruits considering you are very much right in that events are so rare. For that, it's appreciated that our members continue to post their comments and thoughts on the matter for sake of future improvement.

I can understand some animosity towards God-Class Fruits, but that animosity is likely exactly the same as that which others hold for white-listed fruits. For example, the Ope Ope no Mi. God-Class Fruits can potentially be super overpowered, just as the other banned/white-listed fruits; and for a very good reason. Under the usual circumstances, they are overpowered. Which is another reason Z-Classes are limited. The people who win Z-Classes are assumed to be able to handle balancing out such a fruit. After all, there's no trouble in using a powerful fruit so long as they're appropriately nerfed, right?

__

Siren: you are very right. Devil Fruits do not affect your tier. They only establish what kind of skills your character will have. Unfortunately, the applications of those skills can often have effects that go far beyond their intended limits depending on the Fruit in question. Granted, that's not always the case and they can always be balanced, but that is very much the point. Fruits like those white-listed are expected to be balanced by those apping them, and if successful they will be allowed to use the fruit. Z-Class fruits have added restrictions for the reasons aforementioned.

In terms of Mythical Fruit being open, aside from needing some special attention when being apped, in OP lore they are rare as is. Yes, we are an AU OP site that deviates from the manga/anime to some degree, but not wholly. We still stick to many pieces of lore for the sake of retaining this site as an Alternate Universe to One Piece. Too much deviation will ultimately classify this site as an "Original RP with similarities to One Piece". Granted I am exaggerating, but the point still stands.

On another note, limiting the existence of fruits like Myth-Zoan on the board also allows for the staff to continue keeping a close eye on these white-listed fruits when in use on the board. A part of making sure they are appropriately powered is continuing to monitor them even after their approval. An overwhelming amount being put out will ultimately overwhelm the staff.

Logia fruit have a limitation on them as well. Each player can only have one Logia, whether it be one of their characters, an equipment of theirs or even a pet(TBD) or NPC. This is to force a diversity of fruits around the board while still sticking to the levels of rarity of Fruits on the board. With enough desire for change from the members, that could potentially be changed. But, once again going back to my reply to Argent; Mythological Zoan potentially allow for multiple abilities in one fruit. The Phoenix Fruit is a bird-zoan as is, on top of which allows for fire-manipulation and potentially other abilities yet to be revealed. The allowance for multiple abilities in one skill-set is a high factor in Z-Class's overall limitation.

Just a small comment that's not entirely relevant; yes, Mythological creatures are very diverse, but no, they do not outnumber the amount of actually existing creatures in the world today. Easy reference is the estimated thousands of new species found or even born every month.

__

Symon: Diety fruits are generally classes as Myth-Zoan mainly because that's literally what they are. Myth-Zoan embodies the existence of a mythological creature into the consumer. Setting aside being "Politically Correct" and sensitive to the different religions, that's what Dieties--in a One Piece sense--are: Mythological creatures. The only difference is their assumed level of power.

20Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 am

♥Siren

♥Siren

[Username] wrote:
Just a small comment that's not entirely relevant; yes, Mythological creatures are very diverse, but no, they do not outnumber the amount of actually existing creatures in the world today. Easy reference is the estimated thousands of new species found or even born every month.

My comment was ""Mythical" is extremely diverse.  There are far far more mythical creatures than there are real world creatures you could viably make use of ranging from simple pixies and little gremlins all the way up the food chain to dragons and deities. "

-Viable- and -diverse-.

There is only so much you can do with animals.  I'm well aware of how many there are,  and I could indeed make many interesting enough zoans out of a number of species.  But out of those thousands of new species,  just how many are viable for the use in such a way?  Few in comparison and ultimately much less interesting in general or at least by default.

Preserving rarity and value is a little silly when the site is quite dead and in need of an activity boost.  Players themselves are a rarity,  and I don't just mean us but player-characters in relation to the world.  

Sure perhaps twelve players would have a mythical zoan,   but compared to how many people actually inhabit the world?  It is still a rarity.  The ingame universe is also far more expansive and encompassing than the cannon covers,  as we have access to the whole of the world to play in than what is witnessed through watching or reading the cannon.

I'm not suggesting deities be unlocked,  but mythicals up to a certain level beyond which they become more deity than simple myth.   The simpler creatures of folklore rather than the things worshiped by mankind.

Edit:
And I say all this not even wanting a mythical devil fruit, not any time soon at least. I have no intentions of acquiring a devil fruit at all or making a second character any time soon.

21Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Argent

Argent

Side notes the phoenix in one piece did not manipulate fire other than to heal, we don't even know that it hot.  In a culture and or era there would be less mythical animals than real ones.  But who knows how many actually there are.  However it would make more since that there are more real zoans than mythical ones in OP.

Edit no ^ doesn't counter my next point. It was just saying that there wouldnt be a devil fruit for each cultures created creature no

I don't feel that rarity should be a focus, at this time.  If there was actually a set number that allows you all the control that you spoke about. (Not overwhelm staff making sure the fruits aren't abused....) You mentioned peoples rping skills well we do have some fruits already that require rp samples that could be a demonstration.  There are also people who don't like taking part in events because they take so long with people posting and it just be a very overwhelming experience.

If we had an event by now where a mythical fruit was the prize I would have been less likely have this convo

22Open Forum on Devil Fruits Empty Re: Open Forum on Devil Fruits Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:16 pm

[Username]

[Username]

As stated in the other discussion, for the time being these suggestions will not be implemented. Expect some changes in the near future with all these posts taken into account, however. With that out of the way, I'm obliged to notify you all that Z-Class zoans as per our Admin's words are strictly attainable only through events. Please do keep on adding to this thread so that by the time we do use all your opinions, they can be settled in one fells swoop as opposed to progressive additions over time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum