Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dwarf Race change

+4
[Username]
Adrian
Ryandurbur
Zalton
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 am

Zalton

Zalton

The bigger thing presented is the different strengths and speeds of races.
And to say what dwarves are and can do takes five minutes. It's not like creating a system ill write something when I get home. I don't see it as a question of demand its already been said that we can have them

Edit after all there aren't any elves in one piece

Dwarves: They are an extremely small race, adults average 5inches hailing from Tontta Kingdom on the island of Green Bit in the New World. In comparison to an average sized human, their difference in height is approximately the same as that between a normal-sized human and an average-sized giant. They are mostly human in shape, apart from having a thick fluffy tail and chibi-like proportions. Despite their small size they have great speed and strength. Dwarves are to keep up with the strides and running speeds of humans with out strain. Because they are smaller and moving at high speed, for their body, they can be hard to see

*Race Bonus: able to carry things many times their size

*Passive ability: able to cultivate any type of plant.

I'm going to think of wording but I want to convey that they are almost equal to humans. They just come across as strong because all power is coming from a little body. Just like giants seem stronger cause they are bigger.

Last edited by Zalton on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

The bigger thing presented is the different strengths and speeds of races.
And to say what dwarves are and can do takes five minutes. It's not like creating a system ill write something when I get home. I don't see it as a question of demand its already been said that we can have them

The original topic about this thread was the dwarf race change, correct?. My point is why change or add something if there isn't a high demand for it? I'm not against adding a new race, I don't want to add something and it won't be use (I.E Long Arm Race). Anyway it isn't like I have power to stop you anyways. I be more than happy to see your draft.

28Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

Instead of changing how dwarves are now, I'd rather just add this as another race. Dwarves are usually smiths, midgets but not 5 inches tall, but stout. But like Kalli said it might be a waste to add it. Also, we might see less dwarves imo than the little we may have now.

29Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Zalton

Zalton

What is being wasted? I want the canon dwarf (the race can be called brown stains for all i care). No is using the current version. Everyone keeps bringing it up like I don't know what it is. It has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation. Adding the race won't affect the applicants of the other race cause they have nothing in common, not a name since it will be called something else

30Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

It's not just about what you want, so we can hold a poll to see how many people are interested. If enough, which the staff will determine via discussion, are interested then sure, we can add it.

31Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Zalton

Zalton

What does it matter who is interested? I said "I want it" to establish there is a demand because demand was questioned.

People aren't likely to vote for something they don't care about. A pole on who is interested doesn't give any valuable data

There is no downside allowing it.

And now I back off

32Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

Balancing out the race may be an issue when compared to other races, when making weapons, and ships among other things.

33Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:33 am

Zalton

Zalton

Could you please elaborate more so with the ship point your trying to convey?  If I understand correctly its like a giant's weapon clashing with humans. And the guns they used were human's

If your talking about little ships they aren't likely to occur it would be almost impossible to cross the ocean in one

34Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

This race would have a hard time driving any kind of large ship without a very large number of them. On top of that its a bit hard to balance them with other races in terms of combat. If you fight a giant chances are one misshap and you're squashed.

Another big thing is about weapons. Most of them use tiny little weapons. Yes they are as stronger but the area of damage they can create is very small and chances are non lethal. Its just something we would have to work on.

35Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

Zalton

Zalton

They don't have to be responsible for steering a ship.  I don't think any of my characters that I have rped with have ever steered a ship.  But there are devices that are made for disabled that allows them to drive a car same thing can happen for steering a ship.  More likely they just won't steer the ship.

If I rped a giant and I was trying to fight a human more than likely I would go for area of affect.  Trying to engage something significantly smaller in melee is just not the best tactic.

But you bring up a great point their ranges are smaller. So giants ranges should also be larger.

Their weapons are small but they have significant force behind their low AOE.  I point you to Oars vs Straw hats and the other examples of giants vs humans (marinford war).  But my main point dwarves can compete with humans in combat better than humans vs giants.  This is do their acceleration and agility. (Being able to jump the height of a human.  This is like a human jumping to the roof a building

36Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

Correct, but if they used one of their weapons to cut or stab, most of the time it would be non lethal. They have force and speed sure, but tonta(which would be what they were called since we already have a different type of dwarf here) haven't been known to wield large weaponry. On top of that, their size would make them be extremely hard to hit and actually fairly combat. YES you could say AOE hurts them, but not everyone is going to have or use AOE. So giving that example for everyone is unfair.

NOW, before you go and think were saying no. We've discussed this as staff and come to a simple conclusion. If you can come up with the race, give it proper bonuses, balance out all of these issues, and ultimately make it where it fits in nicely and creates no issues, were willing to add it in.

37Dwarf Race change - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwarf Race change Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Zalton

Zalton

Zalton wrote:Tontta: They are an extremely small race, adults average 5inches hailing from Tontta Kingdom on the island of Green Bit in the New World. In comparison to an average sized human, their difference in height is approximately the same as that between a normal-sized human and an average-sized giant. They are mostly human in shape, apart from having a thick fluffy tail and chibi-like proportions.  Despite their small size they have great speed and strength. Tontta are to keep up with the strides and running speeds of humans with out strain.  Because they are smaller and moving at high speed, for their body, they can be hard to see

*Race Bonus: able to carry things many times their size

*Passive ability: able to cultivate any type of plant.

Thats what I have so far.  Their cutting and piercing weapons not doing much is just going to be a weaknesses as regular sized weapons don't do much to giant.  But well placed blows will.  As far as most not having AOE attacks this is where adaptation comes in.  For example: My punch fire that was meant to be long range, aimed out the ground and you created a crater.  A strong enough person stomping the ground will shatter it.  Throw large chunks of materials ecertera

Edit: their weapons aren't that weak against human as I originally thought. Looking at the human body a six inch knife would easily do a lot. Thy tontta typical use lances and javelins taller than they are. Even a need hurts like hell when jammed into your body. Needle wouldn't be fatal most areas but there are lot of places on the body you can get critical hits and tontta can reach those places

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum