Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning of a New Age

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beginning of a New Age Empty Beginning of a New Age Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Symon D Shackles

Symon D Shackles

Beginning of a New Age OopbDNW

It had been a long five years in the marines, things were certainly looking up for the young marine named Symon. All the days in training and in bootcamp made him feel like there was nothing else but that in the world but he knew better than to think those things. During the five years Symon had learned everything from basic seamanship to fighting alongside his fellow brother and sister marines with his weapon of choice, the nodachi, which was a Katana that had a foot long handle and four foot blade. Through the intense work and training he had begun to live a good life full of little adventures but through the years atad sea and on base he had the need to go to the north blue on a few adventures of his own. Symon had about a half a year of vacation saved up and so he decided to go anywhere in the north blue. Fate had made note that good old Symon would go to Lvneel Kingdom first and this is where our tale begins..

Coast of Lvneel, 300 meters from land.

"PREPARE THE BOATS FOR SHORE!" yelled a stocky fellow with a red cap. Boots could be heard on the main deck as everyone began to work harder to lower the boats from the ship into the salty calm waters below. Symon smiled, making sure not to lean against the bulkhead while watching the civilian seamen work the line. Symon remembered how he use to lower the boat into the waters and followed every movement of the men. Symon gripped his seabag tightly while moving it in an upward position, throwing the medium load over his muscular shoulder. He then cracked his Neck side to side and positioned his Nodachi perfectly on his back.

By this point in time the seamen had the boat ready to go in the water with a ladder in a well stationed area. Symon utilized each rung of the ladder being careful not to skip any; sooner than later he was in the boat and ready to go ashore. The calm winds and echoes of seagull filled Symon with a sense of joy as the seamen rowed the boat to the pier. "Oi, ee.. Symon was it? ..what's it like being a marine?" One of the civilian seamen spoke at a good sound. This man had raggity clothes and auburn hair, he looked like the type of guy who had not seen land in a few years. "..it's good, you get paid to do a lot of seamen ship and fighting.. of course, I havent seen countless real battles for some reason but I've had about 15 good fights." Symon smirked and fixed his Obsidian hair. "We're they all against pirates my good sir?" The other seaman asked with a curious face. "Well..uhh.." Symon thought back to a brawl he took part in while ashore in a local tavern. The fight had taken place over a bagel, of course,  it was Symons bagel and the man wanted it because it looked better than his own. "..not exactly.." Symon looked down at the deck which was slowly filling with water. "You haven't eaten a devil fruit have you? Don't worry, we will reach the pier in a minute, the boat does that from time to time." A seaman with a green hat said with a mighty grin.

Devilfruit.. Symon had heard stories of the fruits but had never actually seen anyone who had a fruit in their care let alone eaten one. Of course, there was always rumors of admirals and big named pirates eating them but Symon never really thought anything of the rumors.   ".. looks like we are here lad.. watch your step on the way out." The seamen were quick about tying the boat to the pier which left Symon in the boat with the green caped man. "Good luck to you." The man gave a jolly laugh as Symon stepped onto the wooden deck. Symon then continued his strides down the pier and towards the city in front of him.

2Beginning of a New Age Empty Re: Beginning of a New Age Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Symon D Shackles

Symon D Shackles

Symon soon found himself in the heart of the city with his trusty seabag and nodachi on his back. "Huh.. where to go.." Symon whispered to himself while looking around at the pirate looking folk who seemed to appear and disappear from his sights. Symon figured if he traveled alone down the alleyways he woild rjn into a few shady characters but that didnt bother him, what really bugged him was all the noise in the city square and how much he stood out. Symon decided to take the route that he had pondered moments before. He let out a sigh of relief while cracking his neck the left, before he cracked his Neck to the right he noticed a few shady folk blocking his path in front and the exit in the back of the alley. "Uhh.. these fellas weren't here just moments ago.. looks like they want my money.. or worse, my Sakè." Symon was quiet about speaking to himself as usual and quickly, yet gently put down his seabag. "Are ye lost, sonny?.. looks like a tough one ye does." A crispy looking fellow held out his hand in friendship. "I'm not lost.. just not sure where I'm headed to yet." Symon slowly gripped the nodachi which rested on his back. "Woah, buddy, I never said we were gonna fight ye! I was just asking if ye were lost!" The crispy fellow waved a hand in the air and smirked. "But.. since ye are ready to fight.. men, you know what to do." The old timer threw out his cane and pointed it at symon. "Not going to kill ye, lad. Just want to see if your a good fella to recruit."

Symon was not concerned about this ambush that was destined to take place, instead he was worried about his Sakè or his seabag getting torn. "Let's do this.." he softly said to himself in a calm tone. Symon held out his trusty nodachi in front of him in a horizontal fashion As warriors with guns, Swords and clubs prepared to cut, shot and beat the lIving shit out of Him.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum