Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Word counters

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Word counters Empty Word counters Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 am

♥Siren

♥Siren

I'd just like to suggest that the automatic word counter be replaced with a side-bar Widget instead.

The automatic word counter makes it impossible to make long posts,  as even as I type this now the word counter causes a bug in which it takes longer and longer for the post to register new letters to the point it freezes up completely until refreshed or previewed. 

This is a problem that exists with that code or function itself and isn't isolated to this site.

Even without that though,  the auto-word count calculates the wordage for the post as a whole and can't accurately define the relevant word count.  It even adds code to the word count.

A widget would be more effective as you could copy-paste only the relevant sections of a post.

2Word counters Empty Re: Word counters Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 am

Noah S. Trajada

Noah S. Trajada

Hmmm... I like this idea. And I got to admit, it does sometime happen.

3Word counters Empty Re: Word counters Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Tama Z. Tomilin

Tama Z. Tomilin

I'll make Wulfic known to this!! :D

I never seem to have a problem though.

Although the word count is to take how many words you write. Since we do have a word count of 250. Staff thought it would be easier if it was int he box you typed in.. instead of wasting the moment of copy and pasting it.

But if it is messing up with your guys posting then I will tell Wulfy!!

4Word counters Empty Re: Word counters Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:00 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

The problem is making it very irritating for me to try to finish making my techniques ._.  

The word counter's benefit is minimal for the reasons I've stated,  but this problem is pretty huge.   It's nice in theory but doesn't actually work out when you consider filler test,  OOC remarks,  other information,  and code/scripting that gets included in that wordcount making it unreliable anyway.

5Word counters Empty Re: Word counters Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Tama Z. Tomilin

Tama Z. Tomilin

Well, you will just have to wait until we have time.

Im sorry we can't get to the problem. Please wait. We will get to it as soon as we can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum