Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tier System Dicussion

+9
Kouketsu
Amairavain
Ryandurbur
Argent
SuperDuperK!D (Sol GG)
Thea Frodric
Adrian
Wulfric Von'Funk
Kalliope
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tier System Dicussion  Empty Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

This is the Tier System. The system isn't perfect and this site is still in Beta. I know there been complains about the systems.  

Its the reason why I left the Site Skype Chat, to end these complaints or at least reduce them.

The General complaints are as listed below. <--- (My Thoughts on the problem)

1st: What is an Arc? Or better yet, How many Story Topics/Threads  equal an Arc? <--- ("I would prefer if we have an X story topics equal an Arc, but there concerns about that too from others)

2nd: The amount of time it takes to Tier Up. From reading Skype, looking through chatbox and talking (typing?) with others. It seem like T4 - T6. Are the tiers are problematic.  <---( Reaching the next tier is going to harder especially T6 since that is consider 'God Status'. I understand people don't want to 'grind', but keep in mind if the requirements are dropped to much then the complaint will change to leveling up is too easy....)

3rd: More Detail Tier System <--- (This mainly goes back to 1st problem with Arcs. Finding the balance between moderation and freedom is difficult.)

I have given my thoughts on the problem. I can't of any other major complaints about the Tier System at the moment. I made this Thread so members can voice their concerns, issues and etc. I don't think Skype is the best way of doing it.

2Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

Please discuss your concerns clearly and do not get upset about it. This goes for both players and staff. We want to know everyone's legitimate concerns about the tier system OR the site itself if that's something that bothered you. Its the only way we can get better.

3Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

An arc is something a member creates as a chapter in their book. They shouldn't be restricted by x amount of topics to equal and arc, because the flow of an arc is dependent on writing style and what has happened. A minimum could be set if you people would like, but I'm leaning against anything under 3. I'm thinking the best idea would be to have it around 3-5, but I dislike the idea if giving you guys a number. It shouldn't be a set pace or goal, it should be fluid and dependent on what kind of story you want to make. An Arc is something you use for character development, it is more than going from Point A to Point B. It is the changes or developments of a character. A change like receiving a scar that will always link to a certain memory (I.e. Luffy having his chest scar) or a development of a relationship (or a whole damn Hero Cycle could count as an arc lol).

Which, I'd like to note, for those who don't know how to start and finish an arc, study the Hero Cycle and you can generate an arc based on it for easy development. We are using arcs to slow power progression but make it completely dependent on how much effort you want to put into developing your character, not slaving him/her to gain a power boost. This is not a pvp-oriented system, but PVP is still possible. It requires respect, not bouts of vague manipulation or exploits of rules and systems. It is about friendly collaboration, not intense community-dividing competition. Sure, you can have competition with someone, but we are trying to avoid people beginning to resent each other due to the power struggle. RP is about collaboration and unleashing fantasies, not about seeing who comes out on top (at least that's how I view this RP site).

Also, for those that don't know how to achieve CD or Character Development, it can be anything - it just has to be more meaningful the higher the tier. Sure it may seem hard to tier up, but if you think about it, there are only SIX tiers. If we allow you to tier up within 2-3 weeks then it'll be too easy to become end-game. If we allow it to take months for EVERY tier, it'll take years. I think the first three tiers (T1-T3) the progression won't take much longer than 1-3 months, depending on how much inspiration you have. But there is a curve, in my mind-set, between T3 and T4 as that is the "timeskip" stage where there is a curve in power. T4-T6 is significantly harder for good reason. You should be Enies-Lobbying every so often, you should be doing more detrimental things to your character as this is the point in a show, manga, anime, whatever, where the strain is real (in-character). I don't want you people to think it's all about obtaining power, PLEASE go at your own pace.

As for those afraid of judgment, we should probably be lenient in our acceptance, as we don't want to put down someone work, so I am open to suggestions. Instead of opinion, could we do a minimum number of developments per arc per tier? I.e. for T1 to T2 it'd be 1-3 developments/changes per arc? I personally don't want to do stats as it encourages too much exploitation of "I HAVE 1 STAT HIGHER, I'M MUCH SUPERIOR" ideals. For those that think we should do free-form, let's face it. This community isn't ready, no new community is ready or communities accustomed to one way. We need to establish respect for one another, we need to have a lot of things set in place in terms of making the site functional. We need to stabilize staff, community, and how people commonly treat another's post ICly. Courtesy and respect is greatly important for Free-form, otherwise it becomes chaos. Free-form requires harmony and unity.

Also I encourage you speak up like Wulfric said.

4Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Thea Frodric

Thea Frodric

I'm going to give my two cents about this and these complaints. Because to me personally and in my own opinion, I have no problem what so ever with the tier system and it's structure to increase ones own strength through developing ones own character within Story Arcs. I might even dive into what I think is a problem. The first is. These complaints are stupid.

Number 1# "Arcs": If someone actually asks what is a Story Arc, they need to reread OP/Bleach/Naruto/Fairy Tail. Cause this actually makes me pretty dam mad. The admins say "Do X amount of "Story Arcs", it means that you through soloing or better yet with your crew, have one large ass job/quest/task/hunt/battle of your life time and do whatever you want. Where you push your character to their limits in order to survive or better yet throw your life for whatever or whoever you want to increase your characters........character. If they want something and someones got it boom making something out of it. If your crew member got kidnapped (Never going to happen in my opinion cause most people don't like losing), but in the event of it happening save them.

I loved this idea. It literally gave us the power to grow our characters in whatever way we wanted. What I'm understanding is that the admins wanted us to grow our characters more then the last time, from our previous rank/tier up. If we need a certain amount of "story arcs" to increase ones potential, then we add a bit more to increase it further.

Number 2# "Ranking/Tiering up": In my opinion I think who ever complains about this, they should just shut up. most of the people here have taken positions, with those positions, higher tiers. They are already stronger then most of the players here, have to actually finish less Arcs then those who are rank 2 and will probably abuse it to their fullest extent. Sorry if you read this and think I'm a douche, but it happens, alot. And I'm not afraid to say it.

Ranking up shouldn't be two little tasks away. It takes literally years to grow stronger. Not two islands in fight two marines or pirates and your rank 3. The rules push you to literally grow your characters. If it takes time to do that, then use it to it's fullest extent. The reason getting to Tier 6 is hard, is cause it's literally hard.

Now if they are refering to the exp system, then that might be an issue. Arcs are pretty easy to make and actually do, but afterwards you have a truck full of tasks to do that pay little in exp.

Number 3# "Detailed Tier System" A bit vague but in my opinion might be a good idea. If the admins just take their already made system, reread it over a few times and rewrite it. This problem can be fixed within a small amount of time, within their own scheduled of course. The problem here is what should be more detailed. I don't have a problem with it, but if there is, it should be talked over with the admins themselves.

5Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

Actually, I'd like to note story topics give more than enough EXP. Tbh it shouldn't take long at all and the EXP requirement might need to be raised. Or eliminated. Seeing as only a few story topics at higher tier (btw your tier determines what you get for a story topic) are going to cover the costs easily.

6Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Thea Frodric

Thea Frodric

Not until your T4 that you get a good slice of the pie, and I mean Exp.

"Story Topics: 300 XP Per Tier from T1-T3. 1600 XP For T4; 2000 XP for T5; 2500 XP for T6."

From T1-3 (Which give 300xp) you need to run 6 Story arcs to get a little over T4 story arc exp (1800). And if your T3 you need to do that about 7 times, 6x7= 42. 42 Story arcs to get to T4. Now that's solely Story Arcs being used as exp. Not normal tasks.

Now it's doesn't really specify that a lower tiered player can jump into a higher tiered task as long as there is a character that tier within the "party" is there. Now with that you can get more for your buck if they take you on normal tasks.

BUT! As you just said "(btw your tier determines what you get for a story topic)" being a Tier 2 player would make it a lot harder in the long run, until you reach T4.

I'm looking in the tier up section of the tier system so that you understand where I'm looking.

7Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:54 pm

SuperDuperK!D (Sol GG)

SuperDuperK!D (Sol GG)

Number 2# "Ranking/Tiering up": In my opinion I think who ever complains about this, they should just shut up. most of the people here have taken positions, with those positions, higher tiers. They are already stronger then most of the players here, have to actually finish less Arcs then those who are rank 2 and will probably abuse it to their fullest extent. Sorry if you read this and think I'm a douche, but it happens, alot. And I'm not afraid to say it.

^^^^^^^^^

To my understanding, people that took the higher positions were supposed to be plot oriented/focused. I expected to see these people making good arcs, task, ect for those around them with them posing as protagonist(s)/antagonist(s). And you know what I'm seeing?

A bunch of people T4+ who aren't doing a damn thing. And it makes me mad, or maybe my expectation is just too high for certain people on this site. Idk, only have myself to blame in that regard though.

But as far as the Tier system goes. As one of the contributors, I may be a little biased all in all. But I like it; it wouldn't be my preferred system, but it works for what it is. I don't find it vague at all and those that are complaining are known to be a little *cough*. But it never hurts to expand or further explain what it is you're trying to do.

8Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

I think one of the issues with the higher-ranks not doing anything yet is because they haven't hit solid ground to start anything up. Myself for example, I want to plan an event to involve everyone - I've been vocal about that. But the issue is a slow start. Could we just agree to start with a bang or can we be okay with slower starts? I want those in higher ranks to be involved in a way that doesn't deal with simple dunking on lower tiers, act like the worked-up-to antagonists or be like Cerberus from Mass Effect 2 and act as a boss, sending lower tiers on tasks. Also, if y'all want dynamics, there has to be someone who'll pay for someone's bounty/reputation equivalent. I'd like to point out if you want what you do to matter, just inform the staff and as long as it isn't contradictory it should be fine. Destroying an entire village isn't reasonable for lower tiers without massive combined efforts, but you can certainly make some people made by killing a politician or some people mad for saving them.

But back on subject, which by the way involved the site as a whole after Wulfric's statement, remember the XP requirements are relativity low, especially for higher tiers as it isn't focused on XP. If you noticed, the casual actions in One Piece lessened the further the series progressed. That's due to them being constantly in the deep tufts of the politics of the world, and not having time for casual stuff as they did.

9Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Argent

Argent

From the look of things the people who are actually posting don't have problem with the tier system.  As far as XP I don't really understand this.  If we have to do __ threads at __ tier. Where does XP fit in? Is it because not every thread is valued the same?

Right now I don't see a problem but maybe I will wants someone brings up their view

As far as Hire tiered people as far as I know nothing was requested or implied for them to do.  It was whomever wanted it could have it.

10Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Ryandurbur

Ryandurbur

So, I was told to come here for this specific issue. I feel as if the staff is not adequate enough to run the site. Yes. Including me. I feel as if the staff as a whole does not decide on things. And if someone disagrees, or voices their opinion about a vote, they get badgered and ragged on for doing so. The staff is taking things way too personally, and I really feel like it needs to stop. We need to work together, not apart, like some of us are doing. We generally just take what we want and do as we please, then end up getting yelled at by the other staff members for doing so. Don't take this as a personal attack to any of you, just an observation of staff as a whole.

11Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

I would like to point out that the only times there has been serious argument over what something staff has done another does not like in terms of serious topics was me and my anger issues towards Tyler. I've acknowledged them, as have others and my recent lack of adminship was of my own decision for that reason until someone came to me and told me to reconsider. I did. Now, before people raise their brow about how unfair it is to be staff, I acknowledge I am harsh, strict, temperamental. I've explained to staff why I am harsh, at least. Most understood, but a recent issue that was little more than just negativity without a solution had sparked the opinion "mods can't do anything" I've lectured mods on being rude and the fact they are role models in the absence of admins because that is how it is taught.

One mod offended someone, and I gave them lecture of their rudeness and it turns out I was right - the person was offended. Then my retaliation towards pure negativity turned into "I can't do anything because I'll get yelled at" when it had nothing to do with moderation, had nothing to do with changing systems or anything major. It just had to do with colors and the continuation of, sometimes subtle, complaint with no solution. So, I am sorry if I badger the mods or admins but it's because I care. And it's because without it, the mods or admins or whoever will just continue to do what was wrong in the first place. I don't do it in the best of ways. I don't want some illusion that staff can't do anything. It was even frowned upon when something is called broken repeatedly, yet there is no solution. It isn't it being personal, it is the aura of the staff and it divides them. Once staff is divided, the staff-member divide becomes larger because then staff begins to insult one another and people already know who is to be assume to do the yelling. We are a new work force, there are kinks. There is no need for replacement as we need to work out our issues. Some of us are newer at this gig, but that just means we need to improve. Stability will come, it just isn't perfect. This is a working progress, like our community.

EDIT: Although as staff, I do think we need to share our niches with each other. Though it has been established each of us are good at certain things. If it was done correctly, we could stick to our niches. If we worked on it, we could share the niches and that'll probably be more healthy. I.e. Kalli does a lot of approvals, I like working on systems and I do enjoy planning events, Tyler has some expertise on other kinds of niches and sometimes is better at handling members than me, all depends on who (inevitable for anyone) and what and when and why and how, etc. Silver has done a good job digging things up, but he has told us he will be back in a few days (SORRY, MY FAULT. PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT.)

12Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

The issue I see is that there were several large issues not just between staff that caused problems in the chat. Not just about color, not just about any one thing. There have been several issues about several things from the tier system to free form and stats to other personal things.

It SEEMS that you're tying to make this less of a deal than it is. If you are not then that is fine. I've seen these issues myself. People get way too personal with everything and it tends to get out of hand quickly. Some of them were with more members of staff than just Tyler, some were with other players. Some players also caused problems with staff and those ultimately never turned out good.

I've nearly left several chats myself because I would come online daily to watch the majority of the chat full of negativity. That reflects badly on us. I agree we need to work together, we also need to be on the same page and adjust how we act accordingly. I don't know full details on certain events, but I do stress this, even if it hasn't happened. Even if someone gets mad at you, you need to try and keep a level head. If it gets bad enough that you feel its become a large personal attack then step away for a bit. If it continues, then staff should take action on it as a whole instead of one so no one thinks they are being singled out.

13Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

I do think, if it was implied, that us adjusting and correcting is better than what I thought was the idea of completely replacing some if not all the staff. We have to realize our mistakes, and we need to - like I said - establish a community-wide consensus courtesy and respect in order to stabilize the site. But, I think some of us have posted enough without waiting for others to do so themselves. Still, I stress more people to bring their opinion on this. I feel this discussions has evolved past simply the tier system, I think it is healthy if we discuss what could be done to fix things. I know there has been venom amongst many people - I am not innocent of this - so I do recommend one thing: we've had a skype chat for a while (since the beginning). It should disband and we should be in the site chat more often, we should work towards fixing things and it will require more than just the staff.

Any suggestion is important, as long as it is presented with respect and an open ear. In return, we return an open ear and reason. I encourage cordial responses, I encourage issues to be brought up but I do encourage facts about issues rather than misinterpretations, so do be careful if there is that one thing that causes a misunderstanding (I have done the same thing many times and feel terrible for it). Also, if there is a specific, major Elephant in the Room I encourage its exploitation. Though, I encourage people to do so - as I said - cordially and without unnecessary venom.

14Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Amairavain

Amairavain

First and foremost: Whatever I say is my own opinion, my thoughts and my feelings. Even if I use terms of you, or even names, it does not mean that I personally am attacking you. Everyone has their faults, their quirks, and their personalities, that is understandable. Keep in mind I'm trying to make this as objective as possible. I have the site's health primarily in mind, and that is what the rest of this is going to be judged on about. If any attempts are meant to subjectify, personalize, or otherwise try to twist my words, I will not respond to you, or even acknowledge you. I am being entirely logical, as best as I can. Do pardon the rambling at times that's a natural thing I do.

Okay let's talk about the elephant in the room, the tier system. Personally I have no bloody idea what's going on there, and honestly? I don't give a shit because I'm not a pvp person. I like stories, so that story arc thing is fine for me. Just, my only thing is possibly getting some of the wrinkles ironed out, like having a consistent level of numbers and desginations across the thing. Random example: 3 arcs from T1 to T2, 6 from T2 to T3, 9 from T3 to T4 etc. At least make it consistently increasing and logical, and if you need a big jump to differentiate the power levels, make it logical. The best way is to find what you want it to increase by, and then use that number and it's multiples. Once you have a consistent system, the complaints are a lot less about how it's difficult, and rather just how people want to do x and y. From the glances I've given it, that seems to the main problem with the system

Now, that's done. On to the next part.

On a completely, honest and blunt tone, the site is self-imploding. The drama, the in-fighting, the rush in the systems, the lack of leadership and most of all the incomplete status that several things are still in, and how messy it all is. Several of you have talked to me, so you know a bit about how I feel about these things. To make it clear, I'm a complete newb at One Piece. Some people like it that the site is closed off to new people and have a 'you need to be in the fandom basis' that's fine. Personally, I can adapt, and deal with each new thing as I learn it. But the biggest problem, is even veterans of the fandom are getting confused, and lost.

I'll use clarity first here.

Basically a lot of information is mostly formated in weird ways, or it's said in weird ways to, that imply things that shouldn't be. For example, this is a statless site, yes? Then why are we getting mentions to stats at every turn? There's only one roll in so far as I know, but a lot of the stuff still mentions other rolls. I understand we took most of the info from RD, but this isn't RD; it's FF. And unfortunately, that means you have to go back and rewrite a lot of information to fit a new format, which hasn't been done. So it's very confusing to people because they waver between the old RD format and the new format FF is trying to push forward, and in so far as I see, some staff still want the old format and sabotage the new one. Generally, it's considered a small thing, but the impact is huge. If everything was more concise, re-written and well formatted, the stupid questions people get would be lessened by like half. Some people still don't read, but it would be a lot easier to navigate and such.

Another thing that obscures clarity is incompleteness. Most of you know that I'm basically sitting on the edge, waiting for everything to be done before I'm throwing myself into the site. But a lot of what I see is still incomplete, left in half-finished work. It makes it hard to want to go towards anything when you'll build something but the next week a new thing comes out that basically nixes your original plan. Constantly editting is a way to kill your members guys, it's suffocating them in constantly trying to keep up. There's a reason companies space out their updates, that way people don't die downloading them every week. Nice metaphor right? So that's another thing that might contribute to the problem of lack of clarity.

Thirdly, I hate to rag on stuff, but holy crap the design. Do I have to be blinded to look at the site? Design wise, some things are appealing, and others aren't... such as the colours. The colours need to be neutered and redesigned, because who decided to put a pale color on a pale colour? That's just poor designing and often turns people off and away. So whoever is skinning needs to go find their color theory and restart, because a lot of this is messed up, and I'm the one just coding simple codes over here. I could go on a list for what really doesn't work but suffice to say that this shade of orange makes 90% of other colours look ugly as sin, which makes customizing relatively useless.

Okay well Clarity is on cooldown now. Let's use Cleanse.

This is probably the most important part of what I want to say. THE SOCIAL CLIMATE OF THE SITE IS UTTER FUCKING SHIT. There I said, I spoke it. Even cussed too. That's honestly how the site feels like, and just take note of how everyone is leaving the skype chat, or that some of the people aren't even posting or being productive. Like me.

Okay let's talk about me. 'Amai you're never around you don't know shit' now stuff that in you pie-hole. I'm here, I'm watching, I'm observing, and I'm gauging. Is the site worth my creative investment? Is it worth spending my time here, building things? Can I actually creatively florish, progress and have fun here? The answer is; at the moment, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards no.

Why? It's pretty simple.

The social climate is the equivalent of before Franz Ferdinand's assasination. Techniqually speaking, before World War I climate. The entire site is tense, it's population is overtly aggressive with itself, and well most of the stuff going on has left a bad taste in my mouth. Even considering the plots I really want to have, want to do, I'm not even sure I want to stick around. Even if people beg me, I have to sit here and wonder if I can make it through this type of social environement. It's not healthy. I could probably handle it, but it's draining my muse, and my will to be here like it's a W. It just does not do very well for me period. And guess what?

I'm not the only one.

Now let's look into why this is happening, shall we? Socially speaking, humans are attracted to good, fun environments. It's relaxing and purifying. The internet allows us to leak out from our socially anxious lives, and well, build healthy, mental and emotional based connections, which nourishes our souls. The problem is, that any human interaction has good and has bad within it. There's a certain quota of good and bad that has to be met. For example, the saying 'Too Good to be True' is in fact a mark when the good quota is too much. That means the bad quota is rumbling underneath and ready to explode, and we start being skeptical or take the good for granted. When the bad quota is overwhelming, as an evolutionary aspect, we tend to be fixated on it. What is bad? How can we fix it, in order to improve ourselves? So when the bad quota is too high, it makes it hard to balance it out because the good is naturally outshaded.

Okay so that's some background, how does that apply to the site, you ask? Well, okay, let's do this then.

First of all, the drama because staff is not a cohesive unit with a leader. Who has the founder's account? It is generally assumed their word is law, because the founder account, in the end, controls everything. If the leader is non-aggressive, and passive by nature, then that makes a lot of problems that bud under them. Particularly on a shounen based site, that attracts the more aggressive crowds of roleplaying. Generally, such a leader would elect a co-admin to help balance them out, be aggressive where they cannot be, to have a high position above the rest of the staff, and well generally be the moon to the sun. Without that, the staff is left to meander, and argue, and politic amongst themselves.

Yes, you heard me, politics. Because humans as social creatures, all crave power, control or something of the sort on some level. And politics is the social aspect of power. Generally, the founder account is the main admin, top of the food chain, and then the co-admin is the second spot. Think of it as the system that is present in most countries. The Founder Account is the President, the Co-Admin is the Vice President. And then the rest of the staff falls into the other areas of leadership. The admins are the higher-class government, the moderators are the workers at the government that aren't high class, trial-staff are high paying jobs that influence the other major aspects of life, and the members are the average joes. With that, I explained a large function of staff.

To work as the leading body, the government. Now, looking at FF's staff, I often see it fragmented, arguing and well plain ole not communicating with each other, and having politic wars. Do you want to live in a country where your government is about to implode on itself? No. So basically, as it stands, a lot of the staff is in-fighting, and serving themselves, essentially being corrupt politicians. It's slowly dragging the site down and a bunch of people are debating on leaving because of it. And it's making it hard to want to do anything here, simply because such a climate is unbearable, and too close to real life for some of us to feel relaxed and comfortable to be in.

Is there a solution? Yes.

It however, requires that people pull their heads out of their asses, or out of the sand, instead of trying to concern themselves with only their things, or to just ignore the problems. It requires that people want this site to succeed and go foward, because simply put, if one person blocks the gear, then the entire machine won't run.

Here's a solution I think would be a good first step.

The Founder Account, ie the Main Admin, if they are of a passive nature, should find a co-admin of a not so passive nature, that they can trust to not run the site into the ground. Or if the Main Admin feels like enough is enough, to snap in and take control. Techniqually speaking, democracy always works best with a hint of dictatorship. That guiding line of absolute is what keeps the world steady and in-line. So fixing that gap, filling in the leadership we so desperately need, is one part.

The second part is to start staff culling. Basically, if someone hurts the site more then trying to communicate and help contribute to it, then get them out. Toxicity will kill a site and it's members. You need clean, level-headed staff that are not overtly toxic, or subtly toxic. Someone that turns other people's words around on them and tries to make it out like they're childish needs not to be on staff. Someone that goes behind your back and changes parts of the system or tries to include systems that were already disapproved, are not needed. It requires will and strength of mind to get it in, but once the culling is done, you should be left with a solid staff.

Once your staff is solid, that's when you start handing out instructions, and get things to be fixed. Fixed the presentation of the skin, fix the wording of things, get systems done, and all that jazz.

Final step? Profit with a solid staff and a solid site base.

Keep in mind I am speaking out of experience, having done 9+ years of roleplaying on all sorts of sites. I've been staff, I've been main admin, I've been member, I've been the toxic member. I've seen all walks of life, and trust me, if you can get a solid staff, and your world is solid, then you'll have no problems for the most part. Sure there will be problems, but I mean it wouldn't be to this scale unless you let a rotten apple in. Generally speaking, it'd be a hell of a lot better then what's going on right now.

Well, I'm done, so hopefully some points got across. Thank you for reading this giant wall guys.

15Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

I'd like to point out, in response to member suggestion, the staff have begun discussing their issues and intend on working out the kinks as there are always kinks. That said, Amai, the admins are the founders, they share the power and the account but we never intend on having more than 3-4 admins at one time. That said, we need an equal amount of Moderators or close to. Also, as I've told others who complained about the colors - we need a solution not just a complaint. I was actually going to hold an announcement asking for someone to assist if there is any members on site who can. It isn't simply colors - we need a layout that matches. You can't just paint something a different color and say it's good. We need a new background, we need a new physical design, and then we can try colors but it's like ouroboros, all of it is reflective on eachother.

EDIT: Also this was a quick note, there are residing issues we need to deal with. First, I think we need staff stability before staff can expand that stability.

16Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Honestly I see that we tried the sharing, and it hasn't worked. We tried founders, it didn't work on RD and it damn sure 'nough ain't working here. So I agree with a central figure, but I'm going to say that I personally don't see any of the admins as being that one with the exception of maybe Kalli if she can learn to put her foot down more often.

17Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:33 am

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

Amairavain wrote:First and foremost: Whatever I say is my own opinion, my thoughts and my feelings. Even if I use terms of you, or even names, it does not mean that I personally am attacking you. Everyone has their faults, their quirks, and their personalities, that is understandable. Keep in mind I'm trying to make this as objective as possible. I have the site's health primarily in mind, and that is what the rest of this is going to be judged on about. If any attempts are meant to subjectify, personalize, or otherwise try to twist my words, I will not respond to you, or even acknowledge you. I am being entirely logical, as best as I can. Do pardon the rambling at times that's a natural thing I do.

-This is Fine

Okay let's talk about the elephant in the room, the tier system. Personally I have no bloody idea what's going on there, and honestly? I don't give a shit because I'm not a pvp person. I like stories, so that story arc thing is fine for me. Just, my only thing is possibly getting some of the wrinkles ironed out, like having a consistent level of numbers and desginations across the thing. Random example: 3 arcs from T1 to T2, 6 from T2 to T3, 9 from T3 to T4 etc. At least make it consistently increasing and logical, and if you need a big jump to differentiate the power levels, make it logical. The best way is to find what you want it to increase by, and then use that number and it's multiples. Once you have a consistent system, the complaints are a lot less about how it's difficult, and rather just how people want to do x and y. From the glances I've given it, that seems to the main problem with the system

Now, that's done. On to the next part.

Comments about the Story Arcs noted by Kalliope. I will discussed with that with staff. Although for clarity. What don't you understand about the Tier System? I'm asking this so I staff can have better idea on what to fix. If what each tier means? I guess (My own opinion only). If I have to compare to Naruto ranks, then this is how I would compare them. But Naruto & One Piece are two different animals.

Tier 1:  D-Rank Genin
Tier 2:  C-Rank Chunin
Tier 3:  B-Rank Tokubetsu Jonin
Tier 4:  A-Rank Jonin
Tier 5:  S-Rank Sennin
Tier 6:  Ninja Legends.  Sage of Six Paths, His Mother. Etc

On a completely, honest and blunt tone, the site is self-imploding. The drama, the in-fighting, the rush in the systems, the lack of leadership and most of all the incomplete status that several things are still in, and how messy it all is. Several of you have talked to me, so you know a bit about how I feel about these things. To make it clear, I'm a complete newb at One Piece. Some people like it that the site is closed off to new people and have a 'you need to be in the fandom basis' that's fine. Personally, I can adapt, and deal with each new thing as I learn it. But the biggest problem, is even veterans of the fandom are getting confused, and lost.

I'll use clarity first here.

Basically a lot of information is mostly formated in weird ways, or it's said in weird ways to, that imply things that shouldn't be. For example, this is a statless site, yes? Then why are we getting mentions to stats at every turn? There's only one roll in so far as I know, but a lot of the stuff still mentions other rolls. I understand we took most of the info from RD, but this isn't RD; it's FF. And unfortunately, that means you have to go back and rewrite a lot of information to fit a new format, which hasn't been done. So it's very confusing to people because they waver between the old RD format and the new format FF is trying to push forward, and in so far as I see, some staff still want the old format and sabotage the new one. Generally, it's considered a small thing, but the impact is huge. If everything was more concise, re-written and well formatted, the stupid questions people get would be lessened by like half. Some people still don't read, but it would be a lot easier to navigate and such.

Understood. Getting that Fixed, but for since you brought up a lot stuff mention rolls. I look through the Guidebook & Player Support section and didn't find what threads talk about rolls expect the Haki Information & Haki Roll Thread. If anyone members see any other topics that mention rolls expect for Haki, please contact a staff member so we can fix it. It the Staff job to fix things, but it never hurts for members of the site to point these out.

For Stats, since you mention they get mention in every turn. I did the same thing and look for the Guidebook to see where stats are being brought up. I found them in following threads.

-https://fortunesfolly.rpg-board.net/t82-rokushiki-info <- Can have staff take another look at that. I think its okay as it is. Maybe Tekkai & Rokuogan could use some tweaking.

-https://fortunesfolly.rpg-board.net/t123-haki-information - Mainly for Hao where its mentions 'Dexterity Drop' for General's Ambition & King's Ambition. Didn't see mention of stats anywhere else in there.  

-https://fortunesfolly.rpg-board.net/t330-transportation-guideline <- Ranks could be consider stats, but figure out how to simulate the same tier system and environmental dangers/encounters. Information still needs to be added about encounters. Anyway if member had better suggestion for them, free feel to mention it.

Another thing that obscures clarity is incompleteness. Most of you know that I'm basically sitting on the edge, waiting for everything to be done before I'm throwing myself into the site. But a lot of what I see is still incomplete, left in half-finished work. It makes it hard to want to go towards anything when you'll build something but the next week a new thing comes out that basically nixes your original plan. Constantly editting is a way to kill your members guys, it's suffocating them in constantly trying to keep up. There's a reason companies space out their updates, that way people don't die downloading them every week. Nice metaphor right? So that's another thing that might contribute to the problem of lack of clarity.

Working on completing things. Not at the moment because it around 3:00 AM here and I'm getting exhausted.

Thirdly, I hate to rag on stuff, but holy crap the design. Do I have to be blinded to look at the site? Design wise, some things are appealing, and others aren't... such as the colours. The colours need to be neutered and redesigned, because who decided to put a pale color on a pale colour? That's just poor designing and often turns people off and away. So whoever is skinning needs to go find their color theory and restart, because a lot of this is messed up, and I'm the one just coding simple codes over here. I could go on a list for what really doesn't work but suffice to say that this shade of orange makes 90% of other colours look ugly as sin, which makes customizing relatively useless.

People have complain about the colors and Adrian already posted about it below. I have nothing more to add on.  

Okay well Clarity is on cooldown now. Let's use Cleanse.

This is probably the most important part of what I want to say. THE SOCIAL CLIMATE OF THE SITE IS UTTER FUCKING SHIT. There I said, I spoke it. Even cussed too. That's honestly how the site feels like, and just take note of how everyone is leaving the skype chat, or that some of the people aren't even posting or being productive. Like me.

Okay let's talk about me. 'Amai you're never around you don't know shit' now stuff that in you pie-hole. I'm here, I'm watching, I'm observing, and I'm gauging. Is the site worth my creative investment? Is it worth spending my time here, building things? Can I actually creatively florish, progress and have fun here? The answer is; at the moment, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards no.

Why? It's pretty simple.

The social climate is the equivalent of before Franz Ferdinand's assasination. Techniqually speaking, before World War I climate. The entire site is tense, it's population is overtly aggressive with itself, and well most of the stuff going on has left a bad taste in my mouth. Even considering the plots I really want to have, want to do, I'm not even sure I want to stick around. Even if people beg me, I have to sit here and wonder if I can make it through this type of social environement. It's not healthy. I could probably handle it, but it's draining my muse, and my will to be here like it's a W. It just does not do very well for me period. And guess what?

I'm not the only one.

Now let's look into why this is happening, shall we? Socially speaking, humans are attracted to good, fun environments. It's relaxing and purifying. The internet allows us to leak out from our socially anxious lives, and well, build healthy, mental and emotional based connections, which nourishes our souls. The problem is, that any human interaction has good and has bad within it. There's a certain quota of good and bad that has to be met. For example, the saying 'Too Good to be True' is in fact a mark when the good quota is too much. That means the bad quota is rumbling underneath and ready to explode, and we start being skeptical or take the good for granted. When the bad quota is overwhelming, as an evolutionary aspect, we tend to be fixated on it. What is bad? How can we fix it, in order to improve ourselves? So when the bad quota is too high, it makes it hard to balance it out because the good is naturally outshaded.

Okay so that's some background, how does that apply to the site, you ask? Well, okay, let's do this then.

First of all, the drama because staff is not a cohesive unit with a leader. Who has the founder's account? It is generally assumed their word is law, because the founder account, in the end, controls everything. If the leader is non-aggressive, and passive by nature, then that makes a lot of problems that bud under them. Particularly on a shounen based site, that attracts the more aggressive crowds of roleplaying. Generally, such a leader would elect a co-admin to help balance them out, be aggressive where they cannot be, to have a high position above the rest of the staff, and well generally be the moon to the sun. Without that, the staff is left to meander, and argue, and politic amongst themselves.

Yes, you heard me, politics. Because humans as social creatures, all crave power, control or something of the sort on some level. And politics is the social aspect of power. Generally, the founder account is the main admin, top of the food chain, and then the co-admin is the second spot. Think of it as the system that is present in most countries. The Founder Account is the President, the Co-Admin is the Vice President. And then the rest of the staff falls into the other areas of leadership. The admins are the higher-class government, the moderators are the workers at the government that aren't high class, trial-staff are high paying jobs that influence the other major aspects of life, and the members are the average joes. With that, I explained a large function of staff.

To work as the leading body, the government. Now, looking at FF's staff, I often see it fragmented, arguing and well plain ole not communicating with each other, and having politic wars. Do you want to live in a country where your government is about to implode on itself? No. So basically, as it stands, a lot of the staff is in-fighting, and serving themselves, essentially being corrupt politicians. It's slowly dragging the site down and a bunch of people are debating on leaving because of it. And it's making it hard to want to do anything here, simply because such a climate is unbearable, and too close to real life for some of us to feel relaxed and comfortable to be in.

Is there a solution? Yes.

It however, requires that people pull their heads out of their asses, or out of the sand, instead of trying to concern themselves with only their things, or to just ignore the problems. It requires that people want this site to succeed and go foward, because simply put, if one person blocks the gear, then the entire machine won't run.

Here's a solution I think would be a good first step.

The Founder Account, ie the Main Admin, if they are of a passive nature, should find a co-admin of a not so passive nature, that they can trust to not run the site into the ground. Or if the Main Admin feels like enough is enough, to snap in and take control. Techniqually speaking, democracy always works best with a hint of dictatorship. That guiding line of absolute is what keeps the world steady and in-line. So fixing that gap, filling in the leadership we so desperately need, is one part.

The second part is to start staff culling. Basically, if someone hurts the site more then trying to communicate and help contribute to it, then get them out. Toxicity will kill a site and it's members. You need clean, level-headed staff that are not overtly toxic, or subtly toxic. Someone that turns other people's words around on them and tries to make it out like they're childish needs not to be on staff. Someone that goes behind your back and changes parts of the system or tries to include systems that were already disapproved, are not needed. It requires will and strength of mind to get it in, but once the culling is done, you should be left with a solid staff.

Once your staff is solid, that's when you start handing out instructions, and get things to be fixed. Fixed the presentation of the skin, fix the wording of things, get systems done, and all that jazz.

Final step? Profit with a solid staff and a solid site base.

Staff is discussing the problems we are having, making adjustments to how do things, our flaws and etc. For example, Adrian point out his flaws earlier.  Members think I'm too passive, I will work on being more assertive and putting my foot down. Truth be told I could use a bit of Adrian in me. (No perverted comments people...)

Keep in mind I am speaking out of experience, having done 9+ years of roleplaying on all sorts of sites. I've been staff, I've been main admin, I've been member, I've been the toxic member. I've seen all walks of life, and trust me, if you can get a solid staff, and your world is solid, then you'll have no problems for the most part. Sure there will be problems, but I mean it wouldn't be to this scale unless you let a rotten apple in. Generally speaking, it'd be a hell of a lot better then what's going on right now.

Well, I'm done, so hopefully some points got across. Thank you for reading this giant wall guys.

No, Thank you and the other people who posted here to voice their concerns, problems and etc with the site. Feedback is always helpful.

Adrian wrote:I'd like to point out, in response to member suggestion, the staff have begun discussing their issues and intend on working out the kinks as there are always kinks. That said, Amai, the admins are the founders, they share the power and the account but we never intend on having more than 3-4 admins at one time. That said, we need an equal amount of Moderators or close to. Also, as I've told others who complained about the colors - we need a solution not just a complaint. I was actually going to hold an announcement asking for someone to assist if there is any members on site who can. It isn't simply colors - we need a layout that matches. You can't just paint something a different color and say it's good. We need a new background, we need a new physical design, and then we can try colors but it's like ouroboros, all of it is reflective on eachother.

EDIT: Also this was a quick note, there are residing issues we need to deal with. First, I think we need staff stability before staff can expand that stability.

I seconded this. Like I said earlier. We are working out this stuff out.

Kouketsu wrote:Honestly I see that we tried the sharing, and it hasn't worked. We tried founders, it didn't work on RD and it damn sure 'nough ain't working here. So I agree with a central figure, but I'm going to say that I personally don't see any of the admins as being that one with the exception of maybe Kalli if she can learn to put her foot down more often.

Once again. I will work on being more assertive. Its not something I can change overnight, but I will work on for the site.

One of ways that we could make this a friendly environment is that most if not all of us could watch how we says things. This goes for staff and members. Staff problems have been point out several times and that is fine, but as members as the site you represent us too. One of things I notice on why people are getting upset and frustrate on  Skype is not exactly what they said. Its more of 'How' they said it. For example when there problem.

Instead of simply stating the problem. They made unnecessary comments that simply bring negatively and unneeded drama. Most of us have done this before, I'm sure.

Example

Problem: The colors on the site.

Person A: These colors sucks. <--- These are the comments that cause problems. This is just an insult. The person offers no solution or even reason on why they think the colors sucks. I'm sure many people aren't a fan of hearing this.  Let's try to avoid unhelpful comments like this shall we?

Person B: The colors on the site are too bright, can you make them darker or lower the brightness. Possibly change the colors? <--- These are comments that everyone can work on saying. It stated in a respectful way. No sarcasm, no unnecessary remarks and they even offer a solution(s). Now if everyone can work on this, the environment will become much friendlier.  

2nd Suggestion: When discussing Site problems the Discussions Page and conflict thread & Site Chatbox should be use more often. Sadly Social Media isn't a good way to discuss problems in my opinion. Compare the discussion in this thread to the ones made in Skype. See where I'm getting at?

Anyhow. As one of Admins/Founders, I will do my best to keep this site running smoothly. If people think that I haven't work enough, well I guess I can even work harder.

~Admin Kalliope~

P.S Hopefully no one took this post personally, this merely my thoughts and nothing more. If I have offended anyway in some way I apologize.

18Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 am

Argent

Argent

One thing that might help is giving each staff member completion assignments. And then assign someone to check it.  

I don't know what actually is incomplete so these are examples

Ryan-Haki
Kouketsu- Transportation
Adrian-rokushiki-

Then Kalli looks over Adrians work. Adrian looks over Kouketsu. He looks over Ryan.

This process repeats till every portion of the site is fixed and every staff member has personally looked at each topic.

Can someone who knows whats incomplete make a list. So far I see design/color____ What else?

19Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:31 am

Thea Frodric

Thea Frodric

Back to the task at hand. (And since I've never had a problem with admins nor have any knowledge with the skype chat)

Kalli wrote:Comments about the Story Arcs noted by Kalliope. I will discussed with that with staff. Although for clarity. What don't you understand about the Tier System? I'm asking this so I staff can have better idea on what to fix. If what each tier means? I guess (My own opinion only). If I have to compare to Naruto ranks, then this is how I would compare them. But Naruto & One Piece are two different animals.

I don't think the Tiers overview of strength is the problem people are having, but how they are trying to increase to the next tier. And I think when they are bringing up story arcs is that, when your doing a story arc within the tiers of 1 through 3, you have a lot to do. And therefore people "don't want to grind" to get those done.

Like of how the exp is doubled throughout the tasks tier 1 through 4. For story arcs, they aren't, from 1 through 3 it's a solid 300, the equivalent to that of a tier 2 task.

An option is find a good balance within the story arc's exp pot, so that its fair and even throughout so that everyone can get a good piece of the pie, instead of just handing us bits of crust.

20Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

Thea Frodric wrote:Back to the task at hand. (And since I've never had a problem with admins nor have any knowledge with the skype chat)

Kalli wrote:Comments about the Story Arcs noted by Kalliope. I will discussed with that with staff. Although for clarity. What don't you understand about the Tier System? I'm asking this so I staff can have better idea on what to fix. If what each tier means? I guess (My own opinion only). If I have to compare to Naruto ranks, then this is how I would compare them. But Naruto & One Piece are two different animals.

I don't think the Tiers overview of strength is the problem people are having, but how they are trying to increase to the next tier. And I think when they are bringing up story arcs is that, when your doing a story arc within the tiers of 1 through 3, you have a lot to do. And therefore people "don't want to grind" to get those done.

Like of how the exp is doubled throughout the tasks tier 1 through 4. For story arcs, they aren't, from 1 through 3 it's a solid 300, the equivalent to that of a tier 2 task.

An option is find a good balance within the story arc's exp pot, so that its fair and even throughout so that everyone can get a good piece of the pie, instead of just handing us bits of crust.

Hmm. That does clear things up for me. I can discussed the exp with staff. I think simple edit help things out.

Original
Story Topics: 300 XP Per Tier from T1-T3. 1600 XP For T4; 2000 XP for T5; 2500 XP for T6.

Example Change

Story Topics: 300 XP for T1, 600 XP for T2, 900 for T3. 1600 XP for T4; 2000 XP for T5; 2500 XP for T6

21Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:06 pm

Adrian

Adrian
Founder
Founder

This won't be a big response to anything really as I do not even know when I'm leaving today, apologies ahead of time.

Because in the beginning we were rushed, which was reasonable as people just came from an active site that was shut down, we rushed the systems. I think, and I'm not sure how the staff feels about this, that we need to tell everyone to stop for a moment so we can finish everything. The issue is people want to roleplay too soon, and by now we would've been finished had we the time to be able to sculpt the systems. But I think some of the issue was that every little change (sometimes submitting each change is helpful before continuing the edit) received negative feedback as it wasn't done or clear. I consulted many members about the tier system, as at the time they were more involved. But it seems we really just need to ask them now to wait, so we can add clarity and so we can refine the systems in a way that could've been done before. But it's our fault for allowing this to happen. We didn't wait for stability.

EDIT: Would anyone have qualms with getting rid of XP and adding other benefits to tasks/hunts/battles?

22Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Lazarus

Lazarus

I'll weight in my two cents on this. As for the current Tier system, I think the problem that arises is how much Exp is required / how many arcs are required to move to the next Tier. You don't really need to remove Exp, seeing as the alternative is a point system, how are you going to gain a character's maturity? All you guys need in my opinion, is a clear thread that outlines how much exp an Arc gives out. What contributes into creating said 'Arc'?

Using a system such as:

Three Story Threads contribute to create an Arc.
Three Graded Threads = Arc.
So you'd gain exp from each thread and then a bonus exp when a Arc is made.

What you can also do to further this progress along is this, give each Graded thread a letter. The person grading said thread can grade the thread using their own judgement on a scale from A to C. Tasks/Battles/Hunts can have pre registered grades, so you won't have to worry about looking for a letter for those, the thread's difficulty would just have to reflect the registered Tasks/Battles/Hunts worth.

Tier 1 to Tier 2 = It'd take x amount exp and at least 3 C Ranked Threads.

And it can follow that format. Note: The letter element is optional and the exp/amount of graded threads can just be taken as substitution.

Tier 1 to Tier 2 = X Amount Exp and 2 Arcs (6 story threads graded).

Again, organization, people want to know how much time they'd have to invest to get 'stronger'. The free hand style is fun, you just need proper guidelines.

Next up, HAKI.

Now, it follows the RD Model, not much people know this but I made that model. I like the changes you made to it with just a few peeves. First off, Haoshoku had no priority for a reason. It's rare, not many people have, the whole Latent thing, is really not necessary. It be easier to say, that user has to complete a thread where, he or she is either, A) Forced to activate it B) Eventually realizes the prowess in the skill C) Then trains. Seperate threads/arcs for each of the A,B,C system. It's already rare enough, P1 and P2 was only to defenestrate between Ken and Buso users. I.E Versatility v.s. Instincts. Also, I see no mention to how Buso can harm logia users.

As for the the different ranking of Haki, Champions through God's, to monitor that system, I suggest you make a Haki Register thread, where each user registers for the Ranking of Haki they are currently at and make a field on the profile for it. You made the various 'Levels', you have to account for it somehow.

PVP is the next issue.

I understand completely the statless system. Tbh, I'm glad it's not here. Using the Tier's is all you guys do truly need. Just create a Wounding Thread, each Tier of attack has the ability to inflict various severity of wounds.

Offense

T1-T2 - Minor Injuries to Moderate Injuries. (This includes everything from cuts, gashes, fractures, even broken ribs at the users disgression)

T3-T4 - Moderate to Intermediate Injuries.

T5-T6 - Life Deteriorating Skills

Defense

Being a certain Tier can offer you defense from certain quality of skills.

T1 Players - Susceptible to all Tier of Attacks.
T2 - T1 attacks only afflict minor wounds.
T3 - Attacks T2 attacks can only afflict minor to moderate wounds. T1 Attacks minor at most.
T4 - Attacks from T1 - T2 can only afflict minor wounds. T3- Moderate. T4 - Attacks Intermidiate.
T5 - Attacks from T3 minor to moderate. T4+: Intermediate. T1-T2 attacks minor to not effective
T6 - Attacks from T4 are moderate. T5 : Intermediate and T6: Life Deteriorating.

Also, each Tier gains certain passives.

Tier 1: Ability to avoid one fatal strike from T1 attack (once per thread)
Tier 2: Ability to avoid two fatal strike from T1 attacks. (Once per thread)

The passives can also injury boosts, heals, stacks or debuffs.

Here's something for you too, each player can pretty much build there own character's passives. Each Tier gains you two passives and by each Tier you go up and gain two more passives. By T6, you'll have around, 12 Passives. Thread will have a passive shop. Passive Shop will sell heals, buffs, etc as depicted above.

Also tie haki into this yea, wounds can deal slightly higher wounds depending on the 'Level' of Haki your using Champion - God Haki.

Next Equipment - They will offer wound boosts. Pretty much, increased in severing, impaling etc. That'll be a new field in the equipment section.

That's pretty much my way of may be smoothing things out. You guys have good ideas, you just need to smooth them out.

23Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Just gunna say here on the whole Hao issue you have, you make it too rare people complain, make it too common, people complain. Not very many people wanted rolls for Haki to begin with. They didn't even want rolls for anything so to be honest, Haki rolls are even lucky they still exist. There were like maybe 4 members who still wanted it. Also, to be REALLY honest, Hao had the BIGGEST priority in RD. No one wanted any of the non founder Hakis because the founder's Haki gave you Hao which gave you immunity to Hao. No one wanted to be put out of a fight or have their will to fight diminished in any way, slight or major. The multitude of Haki re-rolls where people had the money to proves my point. It wasn't ALL for the Hao, but it had a big influence. Every other point except the passives idea I find appealing in some way. One to two passives I find is good enough. Don't need 12 or any higher than two because then you bring in too many variables into PVP and it may confuse people and possibly mess up an entire fight because you've got like 4-5 passives active.

24Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

Shunji Z. Wraith wrote:I'll weight in my two cents on this. As for the current Tier system, I think the problem that arises is how much Exp is required / how many arcs are required to move to the next Tier. You don't really need to remove Exp, seeing as the alternative is a point system, how are you going to gain a character's maturity? All you guys need in my opinion, is a clear thread that outlines how much exp an Arc gives out. What contributes into creating said 'Arc'?

Using a system such as:

Three Story Threads contribute to create an Arc.
Three Graded Threads = Arc.
So you'd gain exp from each thread and then a bonus exp when a Arc is made.

What you can also do to further this progress along is this, give each Graded thread a letter. The person grading said thread can grade the thread using their own judgement on a scale from A to C. Tasks/Battles/Hunts can have pre registered grades, so you won't have to worry about looking for a letter for those, the thread's difficulty would just have to reflect the registered Tasks/Battles/Hunts worth.

Tier 1 to Tier 2 = It'd take x amount exp and at least 3 C Ranked Threads.

And it can follow that format. Note: The letter element is optional and the exp/amount of graded threads can just be taken as substitution.

Tier 1 to Tier 2 = X Amount Exp and 2 Arcs (6 story threads graded).

Again, organization, people want to know how much time they'd have to invest to get 'stronger'. The free hand style is fun, you just need proper guidelines.

I been wanting to do where an Arc = X Amount of Story Topics. I been getting there disagreement in do that. I talk with rest of staff, see if we get something done. Hopefully by sometime at the end of week.  But being holiday, might take longer.

Next up, HAKI.

Now, it follows the RD Model, not much people know this but I made that model. I like the changes you made to it with just a few peeves. First off, Haoshoku had no priority for a reason. It's rare, not many people have, the whole Latent thing, is really not necessary. It be easier to say, that user has to complete a thread where, he or she is either, A) Forced to activate it B) Eventually realizes the prowess in the skill C) Then trains. Seperate threads/arcs for each of the A,B,C system. It's already rare enough, P1 and P2 was only to defenestrate between Ken and Buso users. I.E Versatility v.s. Instincts. Also, I see no mention to how Buso can harm logia users.

As for the the different ranking of Haki, Champions through God's, to monitor that system, I suggest you make a Haki Register thread, where each user registers for the Ranking of Haki they are currently at and make a field on the profile for it. You made the various 'Levels', you have to account for it somehow.

Didn't notice that 'Buso can harm logia users' wasn't in Haki Information. Thanks for pointing that out. I added that in. Suggestions noted and are being discussed.

PVP is the next issue.

I understand completely the statless system. Tbh, I'm glad it's not here. Using the Tier's is all you guys do truly need. Just create a Wounding Thread, each Tier of attack has the ability to inflict various severity of wounds.

Offense

T1-T2 - Minor Injuries to Moderate Injuries. (This includes everything from cuts, gashes, fractures, even broken ribs at the users disgression)

T3-T4 - Moderate to Intermediate Injuries.

T5-T6 - Life Deteriorating Skills

Defense

Being a certain Tier can offer you defense from certain quality of skills.

T1 Players - Susceptible to all Tier of Attacks.
T2 - T1 attacks only afflict minor wounds.
T3 - Attacks T2 attacks can only afflict minor to moderate wounds. T1 Attacks minor at most.
T4 - Attacks from T1 - T2 can only afflict minor wounds. T3- Moderate. T4 - Attacks Intermidiate.
T5 - Attacks from T3 minor to moderate. T4+: Intermediate. T1-T2 attacks minor to not effective
T6 - Attacks from T4 are moderate. T5 : Intermediate and T6: Life Deteriorating.

I see the importance is this. You know what I'm going to say next. Discussing with staff

Also, each Tier gains certain passives.

Tier 1: Ability to avoid one fatal strike from T1 attack (once per thread)
Tier 2: Ability to avoid two fatal strike from T1 attacks. (Once per thread)

The passives can also injury boosts, heals, stacks or debuffs.

Here's something for you too, each player can pretty much build there own character's passives. Each Tier gains you two passives and by each Tier you go up and gain two more passives. By T6, you'll have around, 12 Passives. Thread will have a passive shop. Passive Shop will sell heals, buffs, etc as depicted above.

Also tie haki into this yea, wounds can deal slightly higher wounds depending on the 'Level' of Haki your using Champion - God Haki.

Next Equipment - They will offer wound boosts. Pretty much, increased in severing, impaling etc. That'll be a new field in the equipment section.

That's pretty much my way of may be smoothing things out. You guys have good ideas, you just need to smooth them out.

Passive for Tiers, Isn't needed. With Occupations (most), Inner Lineages(depends on how player makes it) and Skills already providing passives. Would be too much in my opinion. Kouketsu already discussed the passive in his post, so I really don't have anything else to add.

Thank you for the suggestions and everyone else who posted. As staff we are getting these systems sort as soon as possible.

25Tier System Dicussion  Empty Re: Tier System Dicussion Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 am

Amairavain

Amairavain

No no, thank YOU Kalli for responding kindly! I'm just sorry I didn't give actual colour solutions like I normally do when I point things out, I forget people aren't as color coded as I am naturally xD

If the staff wants help in picking colours and what not, feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll give you some options you can run through, since I like colours. /scuttles out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum