Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tier System Dicussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:16 pm

It isn't just about colors. I'd like it to be that simple, but the layout has to match otherwise it becomes ugly. Plus the colors have to blend well with any pictures or background we use. If you can help with that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

27 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:29 pm

I'd greatly appreciate color and layout solutions, Amai. :)

Theme Song
View user profile

28 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Another thing I would like to ask the members is about EXP. It was brought up in this thread a while back. Do you think we should keep it, or get rid of it? Please let us know yes or no, and why.

29 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 am

The layout is actually solid, so I don't know why you guys keep obsessing over it. The background is fixed and has eye pleasing shades. It also gives a good impression and if someone loads the page slow, they aren't stuck looking at a stretched picture either.

The only thing that's wrong is the actual colours. Adjusting the colours to match everything else is easy. Honestly, the banner and the banner box could use a spruce too, like taking out the forum title part (that the site does itself, not on the banner) since it makes it blocky, or the black edges because they don't blend in well. Center the whole ui up there too.

But generally, the combination of pure white, and the orange/peach base has to go. I mean, if you guys really want, I can go do it, since honestly speaking, the layout is fine. Maybe just a bit of an extra margin between the topic icon and the title, but that's easily fixable.

And those glows have to either be extremely reduced, or just plain take them out, they look tacky and ugly.

But if I were left with the colours, I'd turn the shade of white into an off-white, less blinding, and start to work everything to an actual white base, and leave some blue accents to match up with the background. Also, maybe use the peach colour for a bit of accents here and there, to keep things from being too purely blue and white. (although that's a good colour design choice)

30 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:44 pm

We tried softer, blue colors and it didn't work out. Also, there are several combinations that would obviously not match, like multiple reds, yellows, green wouldn't really fit. If you want to try I can discuss it with staff, see how they feel but it might not be as simple as changing the colors. It's all about how it fits. If it isn't as hard on the eyes, that's fine. If it looks ugly because things conflict with each other, then something else needs to change because we need a good design and good colors, not just one.

31 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Doublepostsorry

We are trying to continue to revise the tier system, how long do you all think it should take to get from T1 to T6?

32 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Actuality, around a year.

*Exp requirements can be totally up to you. I just think after T4, it's more about what they do than how much experience you accumulate. Thinking to the one piece world, some characters have the most experience but it's their battles that harden them into the characters they are. White Beard being a pirate longer than Shanks but Shanks being able to stand ground with him even though he's been doing this longer.

Breakdown Tier to Tier:

Exp Required for these ranks:

T1 to T2 : 3 Minor Arcs, 2 Major Arcs (Total of 14 Story Topics)
T2 to T3: 4 Major Arcs, 1 Critical Arc, 3 Battles, 2 Tier 2 Tasks. (Total of 22 Topics in All / 16 of Which are story topics)
T3 to T4: 5 Major Arcs, 2 Critical Arcs, 3 Battles, 3 Tier 3 Tasks.

Time - Skip Mode :

Experience no Longer Required once you hit T4.

T4 to T5: 2 Saga's, 5 Major Arcs, 3 Critical Arcs, 4 Battles, 4 Tier 4 Tasks. Competed in at least one event. For Pirates: Bounty Must Exceed: 500,0000,000 Million & For Marines: Must Possess' World Position of Vice Admiral or greater. or Reputation over 500,000,000 Million. For Revolutionaries: Must be a Commander of greater or 500,000,000 Million.

T5 to T6: 2 Saga's, 5 Major Arcs, 5 Critical Arcs, 5 Battles, 5 Tier 5 Tasks, Competed in at least three events.For Pirates: Bounty Must Exceed: 500,0000,000 Million & For Marines: Must Possess' World Position of Vice Admiral or greater. or Reputation over 500,000,000 Million. For Revolutionaries: Must be a Commander of greater or 500,000,000 Million.

*Again: Bounties and numbers are subject to change but yeah.

View user profile

33 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:04 am

I'm going to just interject with my own opinion here. I sort of discussed this with staff before, but I suppose I didn't ask enough to actually understand where the tier system was heading. I remember saying something about how a site focused on the RP Story could and should use something more based on IC development--not a system based on numbers such as EXP or something. When Adrian told me the site's tier-system is indeed heading towards being based off of character development in threads, I sort of just left it at that, but I was unaware of specifically what system would be used—the arc system, specifically.

The arc thing sounds cool to me, but I don't feel like it should be based on a certain number of threads at all; not even a vague target area. In my opinion, it should be all about what sort of development occurs in those threads, not how many developments occur in how many threads. Keep in mind I didn't really read the entire thread, so if this has been mentioned and suggested already, my bad for being redundant.

In terms of length of time it should take for something to go from t1 to t6, I don't think it a length of time should be a factor taken in; if anything, it should be about how much development is done within any amount of time. A good way to measure it in my opinion—at least in terms of growing in tier—is how close someone has become to achieving the endgoal of their motivations. Usually, that's what should and would be accomplished by the time someone is in t5-t6, right?

So at t1, say a character has "Become Pirate King" listed as one of their motivations. The close they get to fulfilling those requirements, the higher in tier they get. By the time they're t5 and they do that one really big thingamajigger and abandon their crew and become a singular outlaw (or whatever else is necessary)? Then they can be bumped to t6 for Pirate King status.

Let's try something with a vaguer process: if someone has the goal of killing an Admiral? Let's say Adrian, just for example (And for the fact that if anyone wanted to kill an admiral, it'd probably be Adrian; he's such a total ass with +20boots of assholery). Adrian's t5, so it'd be a good goal for someone to work towards. Maybe the more blue-bells they beat (or are at least capable of combating on equal standings) in the Marine Heirarchy, going higher and higher up the chain, the higher their tier gets. Of course, goals like these don't seem like they would be enough to get t6 alone. Considering you achieve godly status at t6, I'm sure all three motivations should be on the brink of being achieved, if not already.

You could tie in the things people write in their apps a little more as well, such as being able to withstand their fears. Not only does tiering up have a clearer process, it still doesn't diminish the idea of going up in level through legitimate character development. On top of that, it puts more focus on the Likes, Dislikes, Motivations, and Fears section in a character's app; a section I feel is often shallowly filled out with things like what their character likes to eat, or some generic motivations. This kind of urges people to put more detail into these parts of the app.

I kind of said this in the staff-chat, but now that I have a bit more insight as to where the tier-system is going, I feel like I can say it again. I believe the determination of a character's development and therefore worthiness for a tier-up shouldn't be determined by some sort of strict system where everything is judged through the same process. It should be determined by the staff in charge with a more fluid way of judging, which would probably make it easier to take things as a case-by-case process, which seems more sensible considering it's based off of character development, and each character is (or at least should be) different from another in many ways.

EDIT: Blue-bells is sort of a slang for Marines. Specifically, Marine officers and the like.

Common Post Template:

Code:
<br><center><div style="background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;color:#701DF5;padding:20px;width:320px;border-radius:15px;text-align:justify;box-shadow:0em 0em 1em #fff;opacity:0.87;"><div style="padding:20px;border:1px solid #701DF5;">So as to help the staff and your fellow members out, you can fill out the following form so one can go to your profile quickly as opposed to searching for your post in the topic or by the "members search" function.So as to help the staff and your fellow members out, you can fill out the following form so one can go to your profile quickly as opposed to searching for your post in the topic or by the "members search" function.
</div></div></center>

View user profile

34 Re: Tier System Dicussion on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Well, it's hard to determine the time.
Ofcourse, you'd have to do a shit lot of things to go from T4 to a higher tier, but from T1 to T3 should be pretty quick IMO.

Just referring to One Piece, knowing that this is a non-canon site but Luffy skyrocketed from T1 to T3.

Also, T5 to T6 should be close to impossible, even for this forum. Only people who've truly earned it can be granted a tier up from 5.

It's all about character development too. A clear goal like [Username] stated, a hard-to-achieve one, in which your character tiers up when he gets closer to achieving his goal.

''There is life..
There is death..
And than..
There is me.''
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum